Wednesday, December 30, 2009

391: beautiful year, october


It's a big month, MFA-wise: so much so that I have to hibernate a little after. But for now, there is the MFA road trip....

... Meryl's first public reading ...



... Adam Zagajewski coming to town for the Twin Cities Book Festival, and after driving him about, dinner and lunch, an interview for our lit magazine, a manuscript conference that really elevated me ...


... Anne Carson(!) coming to town with a gorgeous performance ...

... and a hike with some of my favorite people in the program.



This month so much was about keeping up with reading, about writing so many poems, about making our way up the small slopes of Minnesota. The colors are gorgeous, striking. I bring my leaf identification book with me on my daily walk. We use birch branches for fetch.

No comments: