Tuesday, September 8, 2009

329: (can't get enough) hay creek


These were taken in August the weekend before I left for Bread Loaf.

These days, I've been thinking of autumn: of October and pumpkins and muffin bread and steaming soups and wool sweaters and thick novels and the first snow.

I love this time of year, just as school begins, where everything is potential.

But in March, I know I will look back on images such as these, when the world seems lit from within, and I will long for spring, for summer again, for the time when everything is green and the dogs are let off their leashes and into the world, where Ryan finds insect eggs on the perfect skipping stone and wildflowers grow along barbed wire fences.

1 comment:

Misti said...

The first photo is so beautiful and the dog's...so playful and fun!