Friday, November 14, 2008
- Dreaming of catching a hummingbird between my thumb and forefinger.
- Trying a new recipe (Spanish Lemon Pepper Chicken), which I botched with too much lemon. Maybe I should have known better, as the sauce calls for a mix of chicken stock and ketchup. Ryan made rice. I don't know what it is, but the coming of winter seems to drive me into the kitchen, wanting to warm vegetables on the stove, wanting to experiment.
- Reading Song of Names by Norman Lebrecht. Makes me miss playing classical music. (Never enough to drive me to lessons, though I have not-so-long-ago retrieved my violin from my parents' house.)
- Collective readership.
- Listening to America, America by Ethan Canin on my drives to and from campus. Well timed, just after the election. Next: I've requested Barack Obama's Dreams from my Father.
- Admiring Assemblage's Paper Crane Top.
- Thinking of ways to be grateful for winter: reading in bed (I sense a theme), warm soup (I'm especially loving the thick ones with vegetables: pumpkin, tomato, asparagus--and yes, book clubbers, that was foreshadowing), the stars coming out (as long as the clouds aren't hovering, but now it's so blue during the day), wool sweaters.
Stories told by Molly around 10:09 PM