Friday, November 14, 2008

138: Currently


Currently:

- Dreaming of catching a hummingbird between my thumb and forefinger.
- Trying a new recipe (Spanish Lemon Pepper Chicken), which I botched with too much lemon. Maybe I should have known better, as the sauce calls for a mix of chicken stock and ketchup. Ryan made rice. I don't know what it is, but the coming of winter seems to drive me into the kitchen, wanting to warm vegetables on the stove, wanting to experiment.
- Reading Song of Names by Norman Lebrecht. Makes me miss playing classical music. (Never enough to drive me to lessons, though I have not-so-long-ago retrieved my violin from my parents' house.)
- Collective readership.
- Listening to America, America by Ethan Canin on my drives to and from campus. Well timed, just after the election. Next: I've requested Barack Obama's Dreams from my Father.
- Admiring Assemblage's Paper Crane Top.
- Thinking of ways to be grateful for winter: reading in bed (I sense a theme), warm soup (I'm especially loving the thick ones with vegetables: pumpkin, tomato, asparagus--and yes, book clubbers, that was foreshadowing), the stars coming out (as long as the clouds aren't hovering, but now it's so blue during the day), wool sweaters.

No comments: