Sunday, December 5, 2010

523: molly mayhem


Last night, the Urtels took us on a little journey to the roller derby, and after watching Whip It a few weeks ago, I was enamored. I'm really hoping Angie decides to join up; I'm ready to be a serious fan. It was fun to watch last night's bout, but without any connection to any of the four teams, I simply watched curiously, trying to understand the art of scoring and how a foul occurred. I enjoyed watching the skids, the quick moves of the jammers through the clasp of skaters, the accessories of flashy tights and elaborate tattoos.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Not this session. Registration for the spring go-round of the Debu-Taunts was yesterday.

Maybe I'll have to start a weekly roller skating outing to the Roller Garden.

flossy-p said...

Urgh, don't mention roller derby to me. It's been my dream for ages, and finally a league starts up in our town... and I'm pregnant!

Mind you, I'm a bit small and would probably be killed. ;)

Hope you have a super Merry Christmas!! .xx.