Monday, July 26, 2010

486: still here, still quiet

I will write soon, again, I promise. Somehow, between keeping my lunch down with this pregnancy (sixteen weeks and five days today), preparing to teach a class that started today at The Loft, my own studenting as a platen letterpress fiddler, reading poetry volumes by authors at Bread Loaf and test-driving various books for the Intro. to Poetry class I'll be teaching this fall, traveling to Michigan, book club and writing group, weeding the garden, baking homemade pretzels, oh and morning sickness morning sickness morning sickness, I have found myself remiss in this space. I didn't mean it to be a blogging break; I'd be so constant about it for so many years, and here I am, my eyes aching from tiredness, the summer blooming around me, and all I can think about is bedtime and if I have my photocopies ready for tomorrow. (Please note that in my list, I did not write 'writing my thesis,' as I've only been writing individual poems and cannot imagine facing that file of 'body poems' that need to make a cohesive unit by the end of August.) For now, I'm just going to drink my iced water with lemon, read the anthology for my poetry students, and prop my eyelids open with toothpicks. I miss being here, but sometimes the quiet is good too.

2 comments:

KeLL said...

sometimes quiet is good. Enjoy the calm before the storm...

flossy-p said...

Goodness, ou do have alot on your plate. Wishing you some small pieces of quiet.