Thursday, December 17, 2009
I'm sad to report that the vegetarianism hasn't really stuck; last night, I had a chicken sandwich at the end-of-semester celebratory dinner with my husband. Happily, he ate the bacon, and I had some alcoholic concoction involving a spiral of orange peel and pomegranate juice. All kinds of naughty going on in my consumption.
I love the ways Eireann and Shari have been looking back on 2009, so I've decided to join in--take a look back into the archives and bring in images that best represent that month and a few words about the landscape of my life at that point.
For now, I give you some thoughts about 2010--not resolutions, but little bits I wouldn't mind to put on my horizon.
A dozen things to do in 2010:
- Go maple syruping.
- Go on a writing retreat with my poetry girl friends.
- Visit the local pizza farm.
- Replace our fence with something dog-sturdier.
- Make a loaf of challah or other braided bread.
- Get that letterpress up and running!
- Add another "new" place to Ryan and my collection of travels... for our wedding, my gift to him was a mounted map of the United States and pushpins for all the places we've visited. I want to add a new pushpin with him.
- Knit a hat. Or a sweater. (For the first time.)
- Try new vegetables in the garden. Replace withered asparagus and strawberries.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride.
- Bake a new kind of cookie or cake or muffin each month. Try a new recipe every week.
- Go to a cabin up north with Ryan and the pups. Camp at least three times this summer.
And you? What are some of the things you'd like to do in 2010?