Wednesday, September 2, 2009

325: congrats, dad!


My dad, fourth from the left in that bright blue shirt, was given a Founder's Award at the university where he teaches for institutional development. The official article is here.

I also have to add that he has certainly coached me into this school year, in which I will be following in his footsteps and teaching comp.

And taking thesis seminar, reading memoir, and an independent study.

And interning with the creative writing department.

And acting as poetry editor for dislocate.

And possibly mentoring through InkTank.

Oh, but this is all supposed to be about him, you see, and it is: I don't think this love of literature and language would have happened without his influence.

Congrats, Dad.

1 comment:

margosita said...

Congrats, Molly's Dad!