Thursday, May 28, 2009

280


Just a few small things before I go out to vacuum my car (eek, I'm packing four other poets in and traveling to Wisconsin to go spelunking, and it's got a carpet of pet hair all over--how vile!):

- I joined One Local Summer again this year. I'll miss a few weeks due to travel, and this year we opted out of the CSA for the same traveling reasons, but I hope that will, in turn, allow us to seriously invest in the local farmer's markets. Sign up is until May 30th--let me know if you are joining too! I'd love to keep up with your recipes.
- The dogs pushed out another panel on the fence two days ago. And I was just standing right there too, checking on the garden, pulling small weeds. There was another dog on the other side of the fence, and Zephyr slammed into it; fortunately, only one side of the fence popped out, so it didn't collapse onto the pup, but it certainly shocked the three adults observing! I had Ryan guide me through repairing it so I could do it on my own next time. I wonder if, instead of repairing the fence, we ought to put little weights on Z to keep him from jumping up? If only. He's becoming more neurotic as he ages, and I'm trying not to let it stress me out, but he'll slam his two front paws onto window sills to bark at people walking by outside. Maybe he needs blinders.
- I don't know what it is about me and cycles, but after four months of not wanting to knit a thing, I've become a maniac. Yesterday was an extraordinarily dreary day, so it was easy to pick up the needles. I'm always curious about what makes it so addictive and if I kill that mood by overdoing it. I also want to bring out the sewing machine and tackle a few projects...
- Speaking of machinery, I'm still on the lookout for a letterpress. I went to the antique shops in town; one had a press several years back and I didn't buy it then. Now it's gone, and I'm back to searching online for a good solution. I'm finding it easier to be patient these days.

That's all. Tomorrow, we're supposed to head to Crystal Caves, have a little picnic, and I have four neat stacks of books I want to pass along to my poet-friends. I'm looking forward to the adventure, though I must admit, I'm a little concerned about my backwards sleeping schedule. I should have made more of an attempt to fix it this morning, but sometimes I'm having a dream I want to end... and the bed is so cozy...

No comments: