Thursday, February 19, 2009
229: baby's first poetry reading
I promise, I was listening, but this darling kept distracting me with his disarming smile. I had to resist pulling him up into my arms and squeezing him close. This boy has me fully enamored.
So this weekend, I owe:
- Some semblance of thoughts regarding AWP.
- Some semblance of thoughts regarding tonight's poetry reading, which somehow involved me.
- Readings: arty porn, mixed metaphors, and better essays than mine.
- Grading forty-four "mini essays," as I've been calling them.
- Critiquing two better essays than mine.
- Preparing for "poetry group," a kind of book club we've formed for (five of us) poetry MFAs.
- Finishing the less better essay, after struggling this week.