Tuesday, March 16, 2010

435: there was a prairie fire


It's not quite the same as being right there, but, in fact, the view from below is just as striking. Like holiday lights, like a string of city buildings all lit up, like cottages with the best view and a little fire in the window. I wish I could have taken photographs that would have done the actuality justice.

Other lovely things:

- My poem "The Recent History of Middle Sand Lake (II)" will appear in April's edition of Tattoo Highway.
- I don't believe I mentioned this before, but the other bookend of my chapbook, "The Recent History of Middle Sand Lake," along with "Kitchen" and "Palming Earth," will all appear in a wonderful anthology on sustainable food, put together by the illustrious Kerstin Svendsen.
- Not too long ago, my dear friend got a State Arts Board grant, no small feat. She'll be headed back to Japan, perhaps as early as this summer and so deserves this good thing coming her way. ♥

- Sparrows bathing in melted snow puddles.
- Our maple + zestar apple trees beginning to bud.
- Good movies on Netflix: I've Loved You So Long, The Girl in the Cafe, and Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself.

2 comments:

shawn hebrank said...

those photos are so wild...

Molly said...

It doesn't compare to being there in person! You and Meryl would have really dug it.