Thursday, July 23, 2009
312: this past weekend
This last weekend we were in Green Bay. This last weekend, I...
- fell in love with the color of wheat and queen anne's lace
- got caught up in a thunderstorm
- accidentally captured two bugs, you know, (doing it)
- wondered if my mouth was bleeding after tasting the hot peppers from our garden
- introduced an indifferent Penelope then a curious, slobbering Zephyr, to a toad
- worked on my knitting callouses
- took a delicious nap, which kept me awake reading this book later that night (which I do recommend)
This coming weekend, I think we might have a little date night: dinner and a movie. I'd like to find a new state park to explore too, if possible, and on Sunday, I hope, hope, hope to see a certain someone who is now, at thirteen months, walking (see for yourself!). And tomorrow? I have plans to weed, to bake zucchini bread, to take the dogs to the park, and to read outdoors.
I've been feeling restless this month, and I think it's time to do something about it. New things: recipes, places to explore outside, books. Recommendations are always welcome.