Thursday, December 4, 2008

156


For those of you who are wondering, the worm composting is going quite well. Look at all that poop! Angie has gotten me thinking about next year's garden, and I've revisited Freedom Gardens and plan on utilizing it more as we plan what goes into our plot. (Brussels sprouts, asparagus, carrots, squash, zucchini...)

For now, in the kitchen, we are still working our way through massive turkey leftovers, trying it in new combinations--with cheese, in salad, accidentally dropped on the floor for the dogs...

Ironically, I am seriously considering going vegetarian again. I was for something like eight years, but for the last two, I have been eating meat again, mainly because Ryan doesn't eat leftovers and that seemed so wasteful to me. I feel I must finish the turkey before I can do that, and I have all of those jars of chicken and turkey stock in the freezer. Shall I make it a New Year's Resolution? That will give me time to clear out those cans of clam chowder and the frozen fish, the canning jars of poultry stock and whatever else I've ferreted away.

No comments: